Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I found the coolest thing today!

Shrinky Dinks for Inkjets!
The possibilities boggle the mind. Photo "geocoins" were the first thing that leapt to my thoughts. A photo of the "CUMC Tech Teens", who by the way now have their own account on geocaching.com, from one of our recent cache runs or other gatherings would make a lovely "signature item" for the team.

I'm still working on my patches. I found a neat product today that I THINK will make my patches "iron on" for those who don't have the time or desire to sew. Its a double sided fusible interfacing and I think that if I do it like I did the back of the last set and have it stitch with the last pass around the border to cover the bobbin threads that I will have made "iron on" patches. Stay tuned.

I'm hoping to hear soon what the status is on the meet and eat for next Monday. It appears our first choice of venue is no longer in business as of last Friday or Saturday. I'm really hoping we'll chose a new venue and keep the date. I'm looking forward to seeing cgeek again and to meeting all the other names I recognize from my collection of cache pages.

In homeschool news...we've decided on a return to no daytime TV on days that begin with the letter T. I think we've all noticed a marked decrease in creativity since we let that policy lapse. The good news is that geocaching is an educational activity and therefore is perfect for those lovely T-days that we've been having of late. Except for next Tuesday. That's Free Cone Day at Ben and Jerry's...gotta have priorities. :)

No comments: