Tuesday, July 29, 2003

My Life as a Refugee -- Day 7

Today is the 7th day without power. I remain in Middle Tennessee. Today I had to get refills of my medications called in because I did NOT think that I would still be here a week after the storm.

I have been making the most of this trip. In the last week I have visited with many of my old friends from high school and am enjoying renewing old friendships. I've also become the owner of a fishing license. We've been fishing every day for the last two days. They won't let you buy JUST a fishing license. So since I HAD TO purchase a hunting license I have decided that before the year is out I will find something to shoot. Small game only...007 I am not.

Last night I had dinner with several old friends. It was the first time I'd seen Adam since the reunion. I had hoped it would be better between us, but it is not. He has zero respect for me and could not resist taking shots about things that are NOT a joking matter. His daughter is beautiful and his wife is expecting daughter number two the end of September. I wish things were better there but until he gets a grip I don't forsee that happening. Seeing Richard & Cherri, Dave McCulley, D'Lo and Stephanie and Brian was delightful though.

I am trying to keep my sense of humor and figure this is God's way of insisting that I take a vacation, but it is frustrating not to know when I will be able to return home. I miss my husband, I miss my friends, I miss my SS kids, I miss David. I miss my own bed and my own routines and being able to stay up til one am to chat online or to blog without my mom telling me it is time to go to bed (as if I was still 15 instead of 35). Oh well. It could be worse. I could be in Memphis with no power.

More from Sparta next time.

No comments: