Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Fall To Grace - Jay Bakker


We got snow this week so I have had more time to read than usual. On Sunday, before the predicted "Snowmaggedon" hit our area, I went to Barnes and Noble and picked up Jay Bakker's new book "Fall to Grace" 

I got to know Jay Bakker a bit over a month ago now. Some of my readers may know the name, he's the son of Jim and the late Tammy Faye Bakker of PTL fame. He's also one of the most genuine people I know. I'm going to pick up his first book, "Son of a Preacher Man" from the library as soon as I can get out from the snow. I won't even begin to go into Jay's story, he tells it much better than I could and if you're doing the 52 in 52 you can add it to your list and read it for yourself. "Fall to Grace" is an exploration of what Grace is really all about. It draws on the book of Galatians and on Jay's life experience and on the stories of others, "Grace Notes" inserted between the sections, to build a beautiful case for grace. 
Jay's writing style is natural and easy to read. As the mother of a dyslexic child I find it profoundly comforting to read the work of a profoundly dyslexic author. He does use a co-writer, Martin Edlund, but the voice in the book is clearly Jay's. I found the book encouraging on so many levels. It is a perfect match to Jonathan Brink's book, which I am still reading and pondering over. 

Jay will be doing book signings in several parts of the country. If you're in any of these areas you need to check him out: 

Fall to Grace, Book signing tour dates!

by Jay Bakker on Friday, January 7, 2011 at 2:04pm
·         January 14 at 7:30pm – Book Signing at Spoonbill & Sugartown, 218 Bedford Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11211
·         January 17 at 7:00pm – Book Signing at Borders, 7836 Rea Road, Charlotte, NC 28277
·         January 19 at 7:00pm – Book Signing at Borders, 650 Ponce de Leon, Ste. 500, Atlanta, GA 30308
·         January 22 at 7:00pm – Book Signing at BookPeople, 603 North Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78703
·         January 24 at 7:00pm – Book Signing at Borders, 400 Post Street, San Francisco, CA 94102

No comments: