Sunday, December 14, 2003

OMG! The "Butcher of Baghdad" Has Been Captured

The things one learns on Blogger.

I was trying to wake up this morning and reading random blogs when I found the Environmental Republican and saw that the US had succeeded in capturing Saddam Hussein. I thought it a hoax until I ran into the living room to discover the news buzzing with the coverage. Praise God!

My thoughts turn to Eric Johnson and his family and all they have endured, to the service men and women that are away from their families this Christmas season who have had to deal with the constant questioning of purpose from the media. They pulled him from a farm house in Takrit. NOW we know why and how the continued fighting there has been so fierce. He was calling the shots. Perhaps NOW the real rebuilding can finally begin.

I for one am relieved in a way that I never would have been had we not had confirmation that he was either captured and alive (which has been my hope, he should have to stand trial for the atrocities he committed against his people) or dead and identified.

Thank God for our troops and their commitment to doing their jobs.

God Bless the USA,
T

No comments: