Wednesday, January 28, 2009

This needs to be my prayer...Often.

“My failure to be true even to my own accepted standards:

My self-deception in face of temptation:

My choosing of the worse when I know the better: O Lord, forgive.

My failure to apply to myself the standard of conduct I demand of others:

My complacence towards wrongs that do not touch my own case and my over-sensitiveness to those that do:

My slowness to see the good in my fellows and the see the evil in myself:

My hardness of heart towards my neighbours faults and my readiness to make allowance for my own… O Lord, forgive.” A Diary of Private Prayer by John Baillie

 

 

 
 

See 1 customer image

Share your own customer images

 

Search inside this book

Please tell the publisher:
I’d like to read this book on Kindle

Don’t have a Kindle? Get yours here.

 

 

 

 

No comments: